However, I am pretty sure I already know the answer.
This weather is absolutely amazing. I just want to be outside!!
I got a call from my Mom on Tuesday night as I was driving home from work. She informed me she was watching Jack (My sweet nephew) and I should stop by. I was a little resistant because I was worn out from work and had the usual "weekday to-do's" on my mind. She then put Jack on the phone (one of his new favorite games) and we talked for a little bit and he finished the conversation with a big 'ol, "MMMMMMWAH!" I got the biggest kiss ever. Needless to say, that's all it took. I made a u-turn in the next intersection and headed to A&C's to get in some playtime with Jack.
We went for a walk.....played with trains.....read a few stories.....and I instantly forgot whatever silly things I "thought" I needed to be doing. It was such an absolute treat to see him. He is growing up so quickly and is always so much fun to be with.
Spending time with him and Mom that evening reminded me that I should really make more of an effort to slow down and take more time to enjoy life and the moments it has to offer. It's easy to get in a routine of things we think "have" to be done...but really?
I promise that laundry will be there the next day...and the day after that.
(And come to think of it...I think I would be okay if our dirty laundry disappeared! Ha)
Thank you A&C for sharing your sweet baby with me for a few hours. He is such a joy to be with!
And also....I will pay money to come sit on your beautiful back porch again one evening. It was absolutely gorgeous out there! (They have a picturesque screened-in back porch that serves as the perfect place to lounge around and watch Jack play with his trains)
Here are a few pics I snapped with my phone:
This little man was on a mission....He walks faster than I do!




No comments:
Post a Comment