Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So..we got married a year ago today. How do we top that? I think we should eat snails.

Sounds good right? Yesterday was our 1rst anniversary and after working all day we decided to head out for a nice dinner and make the most of our evening. We heard about a cool little place tucked away in Buckhead called Anis Bistro. Romantic outdoor seating under twinkly lights. (Oh..and did I mention live jazz music?)
Can't go wrong right? Right!

While perusing the menu, I decided we should try escargot as an appetizer. Rob wasn't as excited as I was to try something new....but he did try one. Then proceeded to cheer me on to eat the other eleven little chewy guys. I am sure the people around us were not impressed with our lack of respect for the snail. Amidst all the cheering from my supportive husband I did eat all eleven little snails. (Can someone bring Fear Factor back...because I am ready to go.)

I ordered a delicious roasted trout with wilted greens and marinated artichokes. It was superb! Rob ordered a braised beef short rib with soft polenta and wild mushrooms! He loved it! I would highly recommend this place! Ohh..and we did share a delish pear tarte! Yum!

After stuffing ourselves at dinner we decided to head home and watch our wedding day video. (I know...cheesy huh.) It was so fun to watch and reminisce about our special day. Seems like just yesterday....

Oh yeah. We ate the top layer of our wedding cake. Well, we tried... It was NASTY! As I began to unwrap the many layers of saran wrap, Rob informed me that it reeked of freezer burn. Once he got a whiff of that he refused to even take a bite. I decided it just didn't feel right to toss it in the trash without taking a bite. So I took a bite. Rob took a picture. And...I spit it out. (I think the picture speaks for itself.)



Good-bye sweet cake. We will miss you sitting in our freezer taking up valuable space! :)


1 comment:

Christy said...

Ohmygosh!
I LOVE that you tried escargot. I've tried it a few time myself, and then afterward, boasted to everyone I know.

Glad you guys had a special day. Y'all are so sweet and cute I just want to pinch your little cheeks!

-christy