Which is why it's completely okay that I stand in my pantry and eat a dozen while trying to decide what to make for dinner.
It wasn't always like this. Up until last week I thought I hated Fig Newtons. Rob informed me that you really can't hate them. After all...
"A cookie is just a cookie, but a Newton is fruit and cake."
If you haven't tried a Strawberry Newton...I suggest you take care of that. It may change the way you feel about cookies.
We had such a nice weekend. :-)
On Saturday, we celebrated Jack's 2nd birthday and Claire's 1rst birthday! It was such a beautiful day for such sweet little celebrations! They were both adorable and each had such a great time at their parties. We topped off the evening by enjoying an amazing dinner with my parent's at Trackside Grill! It was delish!
On Sunday, we lounged around the house and relaxed and then later in the day helped my Mom babysit Jack and played with all his new cool toys! He is so much fun and turning into such a little boy! I love it!
It was such a fun kiddo-filled weekend. Being with the little ones makes us so look forward to being parents one day! Can't wait!
After being married a little over a year, I have pretty much escaped ever having to make dinner. It's not that I can't cook.... I can cook. I am perfectly capable of doing so..but I don't. (I do all the housework/laundry and Rob typically takes care of dinner for us. ) Well..this week is a new story. I am cooking dinner all week long. I decided I really should be "practicing" and shouldn't put it all off on Rob.
So...tonight I made a delicioso enchilada pie!
Tomorrow night we are having a Parmesan Crusted Chicken in Chive and Onion Cream Sauce served with brown rice and asparagus. Yum!
I am trying to find dinners that are on the healthy side and have around 500 calories or less per serving. So far so good...
I love my quarterly Kraft Food and Family magazine! This is a free magazine....and has awesome easy recipes. They also list all nutrition info which is also helpful.
Here is the link to sign-up to receive: (You will love it!)
http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/registration/contextualsignuplogin.aspx
Last week Rob hurt his shoulders while working out at the gym.
(Long story short...He had 125lb dumbbells in each hand and set them down wrong and tore muscles in both shoulders.)
WELL...now his back is out. My sweet little husband is laid out on the couch. He can barely move. I came home from work today armed with a heating pad, Motrin and lots of movies! I hope he feels better soon!
(Maybe my amazing cooking will nurse him back to health! I hate seeing him like this! So sad...poor hubby.)
Here is a picture of sweet hubby this weekend when he was feeling better.
(He was celebrating Jack's birthday...Toucan style)
Get well soon honey! You'll be back on the toucan before you know it! XOXOXO
1 comment:
that is the most amaxing thing i ahve ever seen! thank you rob for being a good sport and riding the toucan :)
Post a Comment