Sunday, October 12, 2008

An apple a day...is a good excuse to get away!

The Mr. and I have been itching to get away...if even for just a day! We headed out late this morning and checked out the Georgia Apple Festival of Ellijay first. It was lots of fun checking out the crafts...and eating an apple or two along the way! We bought an entire peck of Mutsu apples and can't wait to start eating them!


After a few hours we continued on our way and stopped in at one of the many "Apple Barns" along the side of the highway. We bought a huge pack of yummy sweet potatoes and treated ourselves to a tasty fried apple pie! (As I write this blog I have just polished off mine. Yum!)

We then went to check out Bert's Pumpkin Patch! Tons of pumpkins...and people too! This is an awesome place if you have little kids...great photo opportunity!



Honey...I want this one! Can you help me?



After getting a good dose of pumpkins we then headed up to Amicalola Falls and hiked up to the top! It was beautiful! :) So so refreshing!



What an awesome day! It was so nice to spend an entire day together enjoying all that nature has to offer during my favorite time of the year!

1 comment:

Christy said...

This looked like the perfect Fall day of activities! I really hope we're able to get back up there this fall, too. I love it up there!