Long time no blog. I promise one day I will update more frequently!
We had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I quickly become spoiled to not working and eating lots! It's so hard to cut back and eat "normally" again. My main motivation is the fact that I will be putting on a bathing suit in less than a month!
Rob and I have decided to take a cruise in lieu of buying gifts for one another! We are SO excited! We will be taking a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise aboard the Norwegian Pearl. We will visit Roaton, Belize City, Cozumel and Great Stirrup Cay! Yay for trips! Can't wait!
I had such an awesome time running the Weather Channel Atlanta Half Marathon! It was a blast! I completed the race in 2:13:04/10:09 pace. I have learned that running long distances like that is a complete mind game. You would be surprised how quickly your body adapts to being able to run without getting tired/winded. In 11 months I went from not being able to run an entire mile without walking some to catch my breath to running 13.1 miles without walking once! (Trust me...I have no natural athletic ability...you could do this too!) I am plotting out my races for '09. I plan on doing a 10K every couple of months and training to run the full marathon on Thanksgiving next year! Let me know if you would like to join me...I always love having someone to run with!
Here are a few pics from the race:

He cheered me on the entire way in the freezing cold!
More updates later.....Lately we have been busy getting ready for Christmas! I am about 2/3rds done with our shopping! Yay! Hoping to get the tree up this weekend. I want to deep clean the house really well before getting all the decorations out...I am weird like that. I can't decorate over dust!
No comments:
Post a Comment