Sunday, January 11, 2009

Resolutions '09

With a new year comes new resolutions. I have always been a really big fan of resolutions. I just don't always do as well following through with them. Last year I made it my goal to run. I never in my wildest dreams thought I would run a half marathon....but I did!

We are 11 days into 2009 and I have spent the last 11 days and the end of 2008 stuffing my face with any food that sounded good. You could say I was getting it out of my system maybe? Well..I am over it. Back to healthy eating for me. I think I have eaten all the junk I can handle.

I am excited to read Dr. Oz's new book, "You Being Beautiful: The Owner's Manual to Inner and Outer Beauty. " I love his books! They are always chock full of awesome information! Great read to start '09! Thanks Mom & Dad! (I will start as soon as I finish the last two books in the Twilight series...which I am currently obsessed with.)

So here we go...Here are a few of my resolutions for '09:

1. Take vitamins daily! (I get on a kick here and there where will take vitamins...but never for any extended periods of time. After doing quite a bit of research, I have purchased Liquid Organic Life Vitamins and Omega Green +DHA. I will be taking both of these daily this year! Aren't I worth it?)

2. Eat to live....not live to eat. (This is a tricky one. I want to focus on eating things to nourish my body not necessarily nourish my taste buds. I think I have had my fill of junk food for quite sometime....this shouldn't be too hard.)

3. Run a full marathon. (This one is still a bit up in the air....Rob has done some research that suggests it is not healthy/safe for women to run this far. The jury is still out at the moment...but I would certainly love to do it if I find that I can do so safely. We'll see...)

4. Put myself back on my To-Do list. (I actually stole this one from Oprah. I think as women it is easy to always put others before yourself. It is important to remember that if you do not take care of yourself then you will not be able to take care of others.)

5. Decorate! (Sometimes decorating/picking things out can be a bit intimidating and overwhelming but I plan on overcoming that obstacle and really get into decorating our home!)

That's all I got for now. The 3rd book from the Twilight Series in calling my name.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable and relaxing Sunday!


No comments: