Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Sporadic Gymnast...does not perform on demand.

Happy Tuesday to all! Hope everyone is enjoying this amazing Spring weather! I love it!

Over the past week or so I have really began to feel the baby move on a regular basis. I love the little flutters and the reassurance that they offer letting me know that everything is good in there.

Well...I had noticed no movement at all really in the past 48 hours so as you can imagine I was a BIT concerned. I finally gave in and called the OB Nurse hotline at my doctor's office this morning and the nurse suggested I drink a very cold sugary drink, lie down on my left side and feel for movement for 30 minutes or so. Well...as stated in the title of this blog...The sporadic gymnast does not perform on demand.

So...off I scurried to the doctor. Thankfully they were very nice and understanding and got me back to the doc within 5 minutes of my arrival. The doc was quickly able to locate her heartbeat and assured me that all was good in my little womb. He said that kicks in the 2nd trimester are more of a little "bonus" and not to get caught up in feeling for them on a daily basis or trying to count them. He said the kicks get really strong and obvious in the last trimester and that is when they begin to encourage the kick counting. He said no bleeding or cramping should be my best indicators that all is well in the 2nd trimester.

I felt a little silly to say the least but he assured me that he sees 3-5 women a day who are there for the same reason.

Lesson learned: The sporadic gymnast...does not perform on demand.

No comments: