Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Waiting Game

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I must admit...as much as I love sunshiny beautiful days, occasionally I looove a good rainy lazy day.

Today I have hit the 38 week mark of my pregnancy and am growing quite anxious to meet our beautiful bundle of joy! I know it is only a matter of days before she is here but I must say that the last few weeks of pregnancy are by far the hardest for me.

I had decided early on in my pregnancy to work up until "Labor Day."
Keeping busy makes the time go by so much faster.

As many other pregnant women have done in the past, I have begun reading up on labor inducing techniques. (I know...I know...She'll come when she is ready...But what can I say? Google helps past the time.)

Here is what I have tried so far:
Pregnancy Massage (Complete with pressure point work)
Drinking Red Raspberry Leaf Tea daily (Starting at 36 weeks)
Walking daily (I am still going to the gym 3-4 days a week)
Nightly Baths with ylang ylang essential oils.

Soo...given that I am sitting here writing this blog, obviously none of these things have "worked."

BUT...here is what I have come to realize. A nice massage....A cup of tea...A walk to lift your spirits...A nice relaxing bath...What do all of these have in common? Making time to relax!!

My body wants me to relax these last few weeks so that it can do it's job. If I am a big pregnant ball of stress...labor will not happen on it's own. (The doctor has told me this a handful of times but I suppose now I will listen.)

My new motto: Relax!!!! I am going to enjoy these last few weeks to the fullest. Get as much rest and relaxation in as I can. Enjoy time with my darling and patient husband, family and friends. Labor will come...it is inevitable. So until then...I am off to listen to the rain and soak up this lazy Sunday afternoon.

(P.S. It is so amazing to feel how strong Lexie is becoming. Her kicks and her punches are becoming so much stronger, just in the past couple of weeks. I can feel the outline of knees and elbows in my belly now. Every kick and punch is a sweet reminder that she is thriving and doing well...It's so amazing the love and adoration that I feel for her already. Pregnancy has been such a truly amazing experience...there is absolutely nothing else like it in this world.)


1 comment:

Christy said...

What a sweet post! I love that you are embracing this time!!! And it sounds like you are doing exactly what you should be doing, just relaxing and taking it all in. Love you so much, hope you have a great week!!!!