Hi Everyone! As I sit writing this, I am 5 days past my due date. Geesh...I didn't think that was going to happen. Ha! I had some delusional idea that Lexie would arrive by her due date if not a few days before. (Obviously she had other plans...)
My body seems to be no where close to going into labor on it's own. The doc has seen no changes in the past 4 weeks and is no longer comfortable with the "let's wait and see" method.
After an intense discussion with the doc at our Wednesday appointment, we have decided go ahead and induce labor on Monday evening. This will begin with a dose of Cervadil followed up by Pitocin. We decided that the risks of continuing the pregnancy past 41 weeks far outweigh the benefits of continuing to wait.
My favorite doctor that I have seen the most and am very comfortable with will be performing the induction and delivery which puts me at great ease. I know we will be in good hands.
This is not the "natural labor/delivery" that I had planned on but in the end all we all we care about is my and Lexie's safety.
Just wanted to write a quick update....I am too filled with emotion and nervousness to really write anything more substantial right now.
We are excited beyond words to know that we are so so close to finally meeting our little girl. I absolutely cannot wait to see her precious face and hold her in my arms.
Please keep us in your prayers these last few days and especially on Monday/ Tuesday as we head down the road of labor and delivery!
Thank you to all of our family and friends who have been nothing but supportive these last 9 (well pretty much 10) months! It has been such an exciting journey and we cannot wait for you to meet Lexie as well! We love you all!
Jane 23
5 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment