Here I sit in our living room busily typing away (mainly trying to preoccupy myself) waiting for the nurse to call us to say that it is time to head into the hospital to begin the induction process.
The labor & delivery floor at Kennestone is currently slammed and there were no beds open so they asked us to sit tight at home and they would call us. I have never waited for a more life-changing and exciting phone call!
Can you imagine....
"Hi, Mrs Perry? This is Kennestone Hospital. It's time to come in and have your baby."
Who could stand the anticipation!! :-)
Your Dad decided that he should try to take a nap so that he will be able to stay up and help me throughout the night. He is so excited beyond words. We went to the chiropractor this afternoon for one last adjustment and he told each car we passed, "We are having a baby today!" He was being silly as no one heard him but he is so excited I think he would shout it from the rooftops if he could!
I have been preparing our "nest" for you all afternoon...and the months previous as well! Ha! I made sure everything was clean and ready for your arrival home! I had so much nervous energy to burn, I didn't know what else to do!
You should also probably know what crazy weather we have had leading up to your birth. It has rained and rained and rained for the past 4-5 days. There has been flooding throughout the area. Some schools were closed today, some let out early, others are closed tomorrow. This is highly unusual as it seems like Georgia is typically in a drought. I can't remember a time when school was let out early or closed due to rain/flooding. I like to think that God knew you were on your way so he wanted to make everything clean and shiny for you!
I cannot even imagine all of the ways that our lives are about to change in a few short hours. I cannot wait to meet you. I already love you so very much that is literally makes my heart hurt to think about it. Every time I talk about you or think about you I immediately get all teary-eyed and emotional. I never thought it was possible to love someone so much that you have never even met. Now, because of you, I know that it is possible without a doubt. I would do absolutely anything in this world for you.
I know your Dad feels the same way about you. He wants to love you and protect you the very best way he possibly can. He talks about all the things he wants to teach you and show you. All the places he wants us to take you. He is so cute talking about you This pregnancy has made my heart swell with love for him. I have fallen in love with him even more than I ever thought possible because of the Dad I know he will be for you. Seeing how much he loves you already makes me fall in love with him more everyday.
It is now 9PM and I know they will be calling anytime. When I called at 7PM they told us we were 3rd on the list.
Sooo exciting baby girl....I can't wait. Oh the fun we are going to have :-)
I love you to the moon and back,
Mom
Jane 23
5 months ago
2 comments:
Wonderful. What a great thing to share with her in the future.
Jenn, this is one of the sweetest things i've ever read. you are such a sweet sweet mama and (even though this sounds kinda.... weird,) I am SO proud of you! You have really embraced this pregnancy and have grown so much, spiritually, emotionally, and just all around. You've taken advantage of this special time, and it will always be memorable to you. I love you so much and can NOT wait!!! You are amazing!
Post a Comment