Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where does the time go?

Wow, I am a horrible blogger! My last update was when Lexie was 11 weeks old and she is now 2 weeks away from being the big 0-1! That's right folks, I am mere weeks away from technically having a toddler! Life has been so amazing these past months. People always tell you how fast the first year of a child's life goes by but I had no idea! Whew, we've been busy! I seriously couldn't ask for a sweeter little girl! God has blessed us in so many ways.

Today I officially packed away the pump! Waahooo! My part-time job is over! I am thrilled but also shockingly enough a little sad too. I have been pumping about 22 times per week ever since I went back to work in January. Whew. I am very proud of myself for sticking with it and making it to the 1 year mark! I can also say it was quite honestly one of the hardest things I have ever done. Lexie now loves her whole milk. She just loves it warmed and in a bottle, Oh well. One thing at a time. I also honestly love giving her bottles so I am not in a huge rush to get rid of those. It's one of the few times a day that she will sit and snuggle with me!

Being a Mom has changed my life more than anything else ever has. It has made Rob and I grow up leaps and bounds. (PS: He is pretty much the cutest thing ever with Lexie. Kinda love watching those 2 together.) Parenthood is such a truly amazing experience, I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world. I am feeling super mushy and sentimental as I sit thinking about my little girl snoozing in her bed but I will spare you some of that.
More updates to come, just didn't want this poor blog to think I had given up on it completely!


Have a great weekend!

No comments: