This week (along with all the weeks previous) I have become extremely aware of "Mom guilt."
One might ask, " What is Mom Guilt?"
Well, it's when I lay awake at 4:55AM after I feed the baby and think the following thoughts while trying to go back to sleep...
"Oh crap. Lexie didn't have twenty minutes of tummy time today. In fact, Lexie had zero minutes of tummy time today."
"I wonder if Lexie is getting enough to eat? Is she gaining enough weight? Why can't they put ounce markers on boobies?"
"Am I a bad Mom for trying to work part-time? Is Lexie going to hate me for it later on? Am I going to hate myself for it later on?"
"Did I have a conversation with Rob today that did not involve our daughter's bowl movements?"
Yep. That's just the tip of the ice burg folks. You all know what I am talking about.
I am going to go ahead and fully admit that I had NO idea what it was like to be a Mom. I was one of those girls that thought since I had done plenty of babysitting when I was younger that I would be "set" and this would be "easy." Ha!
And.. All you beautiful Momma's out there made it look easy. You all had this beautiful glow about you and seemed to know just what to do to keep your little one happy. You all make it look effortless!
So. Moral of the story. Boo on "Mom Guilt."
Think I might try to write a list next week of "Reasons why I am an awesome Mom."
Happy Thursday Y'all! Get out..or stay home and enjoy this beautiful Christmas season!
Hold your loved ones close and maybe even steal a kiss or two under the mistletoe!
Jane 23
5 months ago
1 comment:
Jen-Jen,
You are the sweetest, beautifulest, bestest mama ever!!! Never doubt it! And from one "mom-guilter" to another... don't let it get to you! I have let it push me to tears too many times... and now I realize, EVERYONE feels that way! And I know I do the best I can, so what the hay!
You rock, sister girl!
Post a Comment