Charissa, Rob and I had such a fun time running the U.S.10K Classic on Labor Day!
We had amazing weather...there was even the occasional breeze!
And for those of you that may be confused....Rob decided the day before the race that he would join us and run! He ran the entire race with virtually no training! I am so proud of him! I hope this will be the first of many races we will run together!
The race began at Cumberland Mall and ended at White Water....and lemme tell you.....there were certainly some mountains along the way! The hills were much more challenging than I had anticipated!
Now that I have ran this course, I will have a better idea of how to train and what to expect next year! This race served as a huge motivator to me. This was the largest race I have ran thus far and there were sooo many amazing runners!
And...Without further adieu...Here are the results:
Charissa completed the race in 1:07:25/10:51 pace/2,119th place
I completed the race in 1:08:46/11:05 pace/ 2,219th place
Rob completed the race in 1:09:13/ 11:09 pace/ 2,252nd place
FYI: There were 3,076 timed runners who participated this year. These were the folks that were running with a timing chip on their shoes. (Keep in mind there were lots of people running who didn't have a chip as well.)
Here is a pic someone snapped at the start line...check out all the runners!
Here is a lovely picture of me just as I had crossed the finish line:

And lastly... (Ahh....happy to be done with those hills!)
Special thanks to my Mom & Dad for coming out to see us cross the finish line! It means so much to us that you would care enough to get up early and brave the crowds! :) Thanks for always being so supportive! We love you!
Next up:
The Weather Channel Half Marathon on Thanksgiving Day (11-27-08)
The oldest marathon in the Southeast and one of the ten oldest in the country, The Weather Channel Atlanta Marathon on Thanksgiving Day is also the only U.S. marathon run on an Olympic course—approximately 90% of the course is the same as that run by the world’s best at the Atlanta Games in 1996. Runners pass under the Olympic Rings on their way to the finish line, an exhilarating end to a challenging event. The accompanying half marathon is among the largest in the U.S., and while slightly less demanding is still guaranteed to work up runners’ appetites. Together, the two races have become a holiday tradition for thousands of runners and hundreds of friendly and dedicated volunteers.
Sounds like lots of fun!!
Anyone want to join me for a 13.1 mile run to work up an appetite for some turkey?
No comments:
Post a Comment