Saturday, December 27, 2008

Merry Christmas to all...

Hi Everyone! I hope y'all had as wonderful of a Christmas as we did!

We spent Christmas Eve with Rob's family celebrating and then went to my parent's house to be with my family on Christmas Morning! It was such a special time! We love getting to be with everyone!

We also went to see Marley & Me on Christmas night and it was AMAZING! I highly recommend for all to see!

Rob and I have just completed Day#1 of our vacation! We arrived at Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure in Orlando this morning at 8AM! We had such an fabulous day! What great fun it was to act like a kid again! The weather was absolutely perfect and the park wasn't very crowded at all! We had such an amazing day! We spent a total of 11 hours at both parks! We are pooped!

Here is a list of what we rode and saw at Universal Studios:
Shreck 4D-Sooooo cute...loved it!
Twister...Ride It Out-Probably one of my faves. The special effects were amazing!!
Revenge of the Mummy-Another one of my faves. Awesome Ride!!

Disaster! -This was was super neat! Gave a behind-the-scenes look at how movies are made.
Fear Factor Live-We checked out a live show! Was just like the TV show....bugs n' all!
Jaws-This one is a classic...maybe a bit cheesy now...but you kinda have to ride it!
Terminator 2:3-D-This one was VERY cool as well...not your typical 3-D at all!
E.T. Adventure-I have seen the commercial for this one since I was a little kid...I was super excited to finally go ride Elliot's bike and bring E.T. home! Such fun!

Men In Black: Alien Attack-Cool ride for kids....probably the most disappointing of all to us though.
The Simpsons Ride-Our ABSOLUTE favorite!! This one was amazing!! The technology they use for this one is like nothing you have seen before!


After we finished up at Universal we decided to head over to Universal Citywalk and eat lunch at Margaritaville! What fun! It was super yummy too!

Next we headed over to Island of Adventure....This to me had the typical "theme-park" feel. We still enjoyed walking around and checking it all out but I would completely choose Universal Studios over this one if you could only do one or the other. (The combo tickets that gives you passes to both are a great deal which is why we did that.)

We checked out Seuss Landing which was super cute and still decorated for Christmas! It was very magical and looked like something straight out of a Dr. Seuss book! We also walked through Marvel Super Hero Island. I know my brother would have loved! Jurassic Park and The Lost Continent had a similar feel to them but were also very cool! I think we also were just worn out by the time we got over to this park. The crowd had picked up quite a bit and we just weren't in the mood to stand in long lines. (We had gotten spoiled to quick lines at Universal!)

Quite a fabulous day! I would highly recommend checking out Universal Studios...in the Winter! It was so nice not to sweat and stand in lines! We were able to get a great deal on a hotel room at the Renaissance Waverly so we are about to settle in for a good night's sleep and then heading to Miami in the morning! I am so excited! Can't wait!

Here is a pic from our fun day!


Just arriving and so happy to be out of the car!

Next Stop: Miami! Yay! Can't wait! Good Night All! :-)

No comments: