Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A sweet name for a sweet little girl...

Last night Rob and I finally agreed and decided on our baby girl's name. What a fun and exciting time!
Lexie Grace has been in the running since we found out I was pregnant and after searching endless books and websites I have decided there is nothing that I like better!
(Her Daddy has been on board with this name since the begining...I had to question a bit more!)

I went back and forth about naming her Alexandria Grace Perry just because I thought she might need a longer/fancier name. However, I knew everyone would always calls her Lexie and she wouldn't really know her name was Alexandria until she was older. I didn't want her to be the kid at school that had to "explain" her name. You know the story...the first day of school the teacher calls out, "Alexandria Perry" and Lexie has to take a deep sigh and inform the nice lady that everyone calls her Lexie. I just didn't want to give my kid a name she always had to explain.

So Miss Lexie Grace Perry shall be her name!

I also wanted to give props to Leslie of http://homemadegrits.blogspot.com/ who recommended a website called "What a Lovely Name: the perfect name for your baby." Such a cute website! Thanks Leslie!

Check out the link here:http://www.whatalovelyname.com/

This lovely little website describes the name Lexie as being, "American, fun, happy and outgoing." Isn't that what little girls are supposed to be? Isn't that what life is all about? I thought so....

Here is a cute little "logo" I created on this website:



1 comment:

Christy said...

I like your decisiveness! A cute name for (an UNDOUBTEDLY) cute little girl! Love it!